The Web site utilizes the Facebook commenting feature. While we can not directly control what information you share about yourself on Facebook, we encourage you to learn more about privacy on Facebook.
The Web site provides visitors with the ability to securely make donations online. For more information about Web site security, please refer to the AU Security Policy. When making an online donation, contact information and a valid credit card are required.
- AU stores all contact information voluntarily provided by Web site visitors.
- AU does NOT share, sell, or provide your email address or phone number with or to third parties.
- AU may share your name and mailing address with other like-minded organizations, unless explicitly requested not to do so.
- AU cannot retrieve credit card information provided on the Web site after the credit card transaction has been processed.
- All credit card information and processing is handled by Authorize.net.
Social Security Number, Driver’s License, etc.
- AU will NEVER ask for you to provide your Social Security number, Driver’s License, Passport or any other personal identity information.
- A cookie is a small piece of information exchanged between a Web site and your browser. Your browser stores cookies in your computer’s memory.
- The cookies provided by Americans United are intended to enhance the browsing experience for visitors to AU.org.
- Web sites cannot read cookies set by other Web sites on separate domains. AU cannot read cookies set by other Web sites; nor can other Web sites read cookies set by AU.
- Certain parts of the Americans United Web site will allow you to utilize cookies in order to automatically store your Web site login information for subsequent visits. If you are using a public computer, it is highly suggested you do not use this feature.
Review Your Information
If you wish to review your personal information collected or to request corrections, please fill out the request form or contact us by mail at: 1301 K Street NW, Suite 850E, Washington, DC 20005.